Last updated [5 July 2018]
What Types of Information Does Starbucks Collect?
Personal Information that may be collected by Starbucks may include:
· Name, postal address, phone number, and e-mail address.
· Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information.
We may also collect information about you such as:
· If you create an account - your username, password, your city of birth, your birthday, gender, nationality and mobile phone number.
· If you buy goods at our stores or through our programs or otherwise - what you buy, where you buy, how frequently you buy, rewards you earn, and reward you redeem.
· If you register any Starbucks Card - the card number, card transactions, including activating the Starbucks Card, loading value to the Starbucks Card, redeeming any value, balance transfer, balance enquiries, personal income range.
· If you use our mobile applications - information such as your device ID, your location and stores near you and visited by you may be collected.
· If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways - demographics information, your comments, feedback, questions or suggestions, and information about subjects that may interest you.
Starbucks stores in Singapore are monitored by closed circuit television cameras which record photographic and videographic images of persons in and around the stores.
Starbucks may also collect aggregated data or anonymized data that does not directly identify you.
We may combine information we collect about you with information we receive from third parties.
**How Does Starbucks Use Information About You?**
Starbucks may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or with our Services. For example, we may use information about you:
· To process and manage your purchase and use of Starbucks products and services, including your accounts and program participation, your use of the Sites.
· To respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities.
· To create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
· To communicate with you by post, telephone, email, SMS, and/or through your Starbucks Card account and/or your Starbucks Singapore mobile app (including but not limited to any in-app messaging services) about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, and your requests for information.
· To communicate with you by post, telephone, email, SMS, social media and engagement platforms, and/or through your Starbucks Card account and/or your Starbucks Singapore mobile app (including but not limited to any in-app messaging services) about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
· For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
If you have registered as a member, the information you have provided us may be used to send you marketing promotions/offers and exclusive member events by post, telephone, email, SMS and/or through your Starbucks Card account and/or your Starbucks Singapore mobile app (including but not limited to any in-app messaging services) about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers. Please refer to the section "What Choices Does Starbucks Offer About Personal Information?" below for information on how to opt-in or opt-out.
Does Starbucks Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
Starbucks may share or disclose your personal information in limited ways:
· With our parent and other affiliated entities.
· With agents, vendors or services providers who provide support services to us (such as credit card processors or other payment services providers, mailing houses or website hosts) and/or other third parties who help us market our products and services and assist us by communicating (directly or indirectly) with our customers (such as email vendors and social media and engagement platforms). These third parties may use information about you to perform their functions on our behalf.
· If you participate in any blog or other online forum on our Sites, any personal information that you post on our Sites may be shared with other forum participants and Site visitors.
· In the event of a merger, acquisition, financing, or sale of assets or any other situation involving the transfer of some or all of our business assets, Starbucks may disclose personal information to those involved in the negotiation or transfer.
· With others with your consent.
Starbucks may also provide and/or transfer any data that it collects from you to its parent, subsidiary, associated and affiliated companies, or to any agent, contractor or third party service provider located outside of Singapore which provides administrative, data processing, computer or other services to Starbucks, to enable Starbucks to carry out the purposes permitted under this Policy.
We may also share or disclose your personal information, including the content of your communications:
· To comply with law or to respond to legal or regulatory processes or lawful requests, including enquiries from governmental and regulatory agencies.
· To protect the rights, property, reputation, safety or security of Starbucks, our employees, agents, customers, and others.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
**What Choices Does Starbucks Offer About Personal Information?**
Starbucks offers choices for you to request to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
· Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails and SMS we send you.
· Log in to your online account via www.drbendell.com, if you have one, and visit the Manage My Account section, select Personal Particulars sub-section to manage your contact information (e.g., update of mobile number, email and postal address) or select Contact Preferences sub-section to update your preferred method of contact. If you opt out of receiving advertising, marketing and promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional communications such as emails about your accounts or membership matters. You can usually choose to set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or Services on our Sites.
How is Personal Information Secured?
Starbucks takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
Where Starbucks provides and/or transfers any data that it collects from you to its parent, subsidiary, associated and affiliated companies, or to any agent, contractor or third party service provider, located outside of Singapore, Starbucks confirms that any of the above-mentioned parties to whom your personal data is disclosed or transferred are, or shall be bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide a standard of protection to personal data comparable to the standard of protection as set out in the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and Starbucks will use its best endeavours to ensure that each such party maintains appropriate physical, technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against tampering and unauthorized access by third parties.
While Starbucks uses reasonable efforts to protect personal data in its possession or under its control, the transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network may be subject to loss, interception and misuse.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. You may contact us at:
Starbucks Coffee Singapore Pte Ltd
11 North Buona Vista Drive
#03-08 The Metropolis Tower 2
Singapore Toll-Free Number: (65) 1800-782-7282
Mondays to Fridays: 9am to 6pm
Closed on public holidays